Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blog Post # 1

About Me-Amanda Warner
Hey Ya'll!
My name is Amanda Marie Warner and I am 21 years old. I was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama and if I had the choice I wouldn't have it any other way. I graduated from McGill-Toolen Catholic in 2009 and  I am now a Junior at the University of South Alabama.
I am majoring in elementary education with an ambition to teach Kindergarten or first grade. The passion I have to teach is inspired by the love I have for children and the influence from teachers I've had over the years.
I have been  blessed with such an amazing family and don't know what I would do without them. My mother, Ann, is my hero and best friend and I honestly couldn't survive without her. My father, Joey, is a very hard working and talented man whom is my biggest fan.  My only sibling, Tiffany, 25, is a graduate from St. Paul's Episcopal and she is the best friend a sister could ask for. My toy poodle named Sadie, who is nearly ten years old is my heart.
My friends are also a huge part of my life. Every one of them are unique and are always there for me no matter what the situation is. 
When I started college at South I decided to go through sorority recruitment where I became a member of Alpha Omicron Pi. I now am happy to say that becoming a memeber of AOII I've gained new sisters and friends for a lifetime! Being an AOII has changed my life in many ways and it is something that I will always take pride in. 
A few extra things that sums up the person I am are that I enjoy smiling, laughing, shopping, watching movies, running, dancing, sleeping, and most of all spending time with the people I love.


Randy Pausch-Time Management 
After watching Randy Pausch's video on time management I know I learned at least a few great tips that will help me throughout this course. First, I learned that it is okay to know that everyone struggles with managing time. One of my favorite things that Randy Pausch touched on in his speech was the "why's". For example, why am I doing this and what will happen if I don't do it? One of my biggest problems is that I am very organized but tend to make to-do list's daily and always struggle to complete them. He really caught my attention when he said, "you can always change your plans, but only once you have one!" I can relate to that, especially since I plan to-do list's but never complete them. This video is the first I have ever seen by Dr. Pausch, I really enjoyed listening to him speak and believe I gained a lot of knowledge that will help me from today on. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda! :)
    I just wanted to say I think it's so amazing that you have such awesome family and friends there to support you. My momma is my hero too! I was also inspired by one of my teachers to pursue a degree in education. I want to follow in my piano teacher's footsteps, and teach music to students of my own someday! Oh, and I totally know what you mean about the to-do lists. I make them every single day, but rarely get everything accomplished. Maybe Dr. Pausch's video will help remind us to ask ourselves "why", and focus on the things that are truly important, and not so much on little things that don't matter. Good luck in this class, and the rest of your studies! Nice meeting you!
    - Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you know about Randy Pausch now? Did you try to find out anything about him?

    You will watch Randy Pausch's Last Lecture later this semester. It is a powerful and moving video!

    ReplyDelete