Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blog Post #4

PODCASTING


We are now learning how to podcast, so here are a few links that will help me, my classmates and any others that are interested in podcasting learn more about it.

Langwitches 1st Graders Create Their Own Read-Along Audiobook

I really like this idea of reading! I think this is such a great way to get children engaged in reading. I honestly think I would also enjoy reading this way. One of the neatest parts about the read-along audiobooks is that there is a different sound for each chapter. I think that's a great way to keep kids on track of what chapter they are reading because some children have a hard time following along. I also think it's so neat that the children can record their own voices and they seemed to really enjoy that part. I think that recording yourself reading and being able to hear yourself would help you to become a better and more confident reader. I really enjoyed listening to the story "Dinosaurs Before Dark" because the students seemed really engaged while reading this story and most of them had so much character in their voices. Overall, I love the idea of read-along audiobooks and would like to try them with my students one day.

Langwitches Listening-Comprehension-Podcasting


This was very impressing! It's incredible that these children are practically fluent in Hebrew. The students were assigned to write an individual sentence in Hebrew to create a script for the Purim story. After each student wrote their sentence they recorded them completely out of order. The students had to listen closely to each clip to make sure they put the sentences in order to tell the story. I thought it was so interesting and neat that the students were able to arrange their sentences to tell a story. They used a smart board to arrange the sentences in order. Smart boards are such a great tool for teaching and learning and I cannot wait to use one in my future classroom. I think that I would also assign my students to do an activity like this one because it seems like such a fun but challenging learning process.

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale

I was surprised to find out how popular podcasting really is! I think it's great and very beneficial to use podcasting in the classroom. It's a great way to keep students who are out sick up to date with what is being taught and what's due. Also, it's great for last minute reviews before a quiz or test. Podcasting gives students the chance to be very creative while learning and the videos keep them more engaged and entertained with their work, rather than them being bored with having to read a textbook everyday. I know that I will most definitely consider using podcasting in my classroom one day because it truly is beneficial for not only the students but teacher as well in many different ways.

3 comments:

  1. "This was very impressing!" impressing should be impressive

    "I know that I will most definitely consider using podcasting in my classroom ..." Don't just consider it. Do it!

    Are you ready for your podcast? I look forward to listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amanda! I enjoyed reading your blog. You mentioned that you had links included in this blog but I did not see them.

    "it's great for last minute reviews before a quiz or test." - I love the idea you had about using the podcast as a review for a quiz or test. I think it would be a great way to add a spin to the regular question and answer session teachers normally give.

    "Podcasting gives students the chance to be very creative while learning and the videos keep them more engaged and entertained with their work, rather than them being bored with having to read a textbook everyday." - While at some point they may still need to read a textbook, I feel that students who enjoy technology will definitely enjoy Podcasting.

    Please feel free to follow my blog. I hope that you have a wonderful semester.

    ReplyDelete