Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blog Post # 11

First Graders in Ms.Cassidy's Class

After watching the video, Little Kids..Big Potential I felt a rush of excitement come over me as I thought about having my own classroom in the future. I found this video to be very amusing because it's great to see and hear the students use and talk about technology. It also made me realize the importance of technology in the classroom and for myself as a future educator learning and engaging in what technology devices have to offer in the teaching field. As an educator, I will always be sure keep an open mind and try to find different ways to incorporate technology in my very own classroom.



Ms. Cassidy's Skype Interview

This video was actually a Skype interview between Ms. Kathy Cassidy and Dr. John Strange. I found this Skype session to be very knowlegable. Dr. Strange first asked Ms. Cassidy how she got involved with technology and how long it's been. Ms. Cassidy said she started using technology about ten years ago, due to being given five computers in her classroom. The computers were Microsoft brand which had monitors, keyboards, internet access, but were unable to put any programs on them. She mentioned that if you have five of anything in a primary classroom then it's known as a center. She made the computers useful by making webpages, blogging and things like that. I wanted to summarize that specific question because I think it's important and neat to know how people are introduced and get engaged with technology. Ms. Cassidy has been an advocate for technology for ten plus years and she has and will continue to do a wonderful job at it! There are so many great technology tools out there that it's hard to choose which ones I'd like to bring in to my future classroom. As of now, I think I would definitely have blogging in my classroom and maybe a Facebook page because I think the idea of having a separate Facebook account for schools is awesome. I think having a Blog, Facebook account, or any other type of PLN will get students to interact more and be excited about learning in fun way.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    You do a great job on summarizing the video and Skype interview. I agree that it is important as educators to find ways to incorporate technology in the classroom. It is something that I look forward to doing in my future classroom. I also found the Skype interview very knowledgeable. It was nice for us to see an elementary teacher who is currently using the technology that we are learning to use. Good job on your post. Good luck the rest of the semester!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I think the first video was a great way to see and hear the students talk about technology. It really helps people to see how much they love technology and how important it is. I also enjoyed the Skype interview because it's nice to hear from someone who has experience in starting to use technology in their classroom. It really helps prepare us for what we might face if our students aren't already using technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...Skype session to be very knowledgeable." can a Skype session be knowledgeable? A session can have no knowledge. Think about what you really be nd then write that.

    Go for it!

    ReplyDelete