Sunday, April 29, 2012

C4T # 4 April

interactive whiteboard

I left a comment on Mr. McLaughlin blog post, Switching off the Interactive White Board for good. This post was about the Interactive White Board, what we refer to as the SMARTBoard. Mr. McLaughlin gave his opinion on the IWB, he said "IWB's have had their day. I personally can't see any future for them in classrooms and the sooner schools stop buying them the sooner the money can be spent on better educationally interactive tools."

Hi Mr. McLaughlin, My name is Amanda Warner. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in elementary education and currently a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I found this post to be quite interesting. Recently, in my EDM 310 class we were assigned to do a project using these boards. Although for our project we only had to show that we know how to use the basic tools. Within the next few weeks we have another project coming up using these boards again, but we have to teach an actual lesson this time. I am looking forward to this project because I think these boards are great, though I still have a lot to learn about them. I actually really enjoy using these boards and think they are very neat. However, I do agree that these boards have been around for a while and most teachers don't use them the way they should be used. For all I know so far, these boards are amazing tools for an educator and student to use and be engaged with. I also agree that newer and better things have come out and will continue to before my teaching days even begin. Technology is amazing and we learn more and more about it daily but it's truly hard for me to keep up with all the great devices out there which can be used to educate and learn.

You can check out his Blog at Steps in Teaching and Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment