Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T Summary for March

For my March C4T's I was assigned to Liz B. Davis's blog.

For my first CAT, "From Dream to Reality- Making Things Happen," I read Ms. Davis's post about a lifelong dream of her's that finally came true. She posts about her trip to Seattle and her experience at the EdcampIS Unconference for Independent School Educators and the National Association of Independent Schools Annual Conference.

edcampIS participants


Here is the actual comment I left her..

I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama and I am currently a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I really enjoyed reading your post about your trip to Seattle and your experience at the edcampIS unconference for independent school educators following the National Association of Independent Schools Annual Conference. I think it is absolutely wonderful that you made your dream become reality!
You mentioned that you shared it on your PLN. Well one of my latest assignments for Dr. Strange's class was to create a PLN, I created mine by using Symbaloo. I think PLN's are great and I look forward to updating mine and using it throughout my future.
Anyway, Thanks for posting your story and I am happy for you for taking action and letting your ideas about the power of the network come true.

- Amanda

For my second C4T,"Arguments for the iPad in Education," Ms. Davis briefly explains what a 1:1 program is and then follows by giving her thoughts of the possibility of her school becoming an 1:1 iPad school.

ipad


Here is the actual comment I left...

Hi Ms. Davis,

I really enjoyed reading this post! I have never heard of 1:1 programs, but you gave an easy understanding of what it is. You shared many great thoughts on educational technology. I think it is such a cool idea to have a 1:1 program using iPad's.
I don't have an iPad but many of my friends and family members do and everyone I know that has one loves it because they are so adaptable and useful in multiple ways. People with iPad's continue to learn things from this amazing tool daily. I hope to purchase one soon!
Under Why the iPad? you said, "The portability and tablet format allow the iPad to double as an e-reader for textbooks. This will lighten student backpacks and lower their textbook costs," as a current college student I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for your post and good luck to you!

-Amanda Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment