Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K Summary for April

We have been doing a world blog post challenge for the past three weeks. The student I was assigned to follow and blog to is referred as 18mcse. He seems to be a great student and enjoys blogging. He tends to blog about a variety of things but enjoys it.

Here is his blog, 18mcse.

First post-April 2, 2012 : Dog 
dog


On April 2, he blogged about a dog that he wishes he had. He informs us that he has one dog, though he used to have two but one passed away. He posted a picture of the dog and wonders what breed it is.

Here is the actual comment I left him.
Hey!
It looks like this dog is a mixed breed, maybe lab/hound or something like that. You would have to do some research to find out exactly what breed this specific dog is. It sure is cute though!!
What kind of dog do you have and what is its name? I have one dog, her name is Sadie and she is a toy poodle.
Thanks for posting! I look forward to reading more posts in the future.
-Amanda Warner


Second post-April 11, 2012 : Forest Fires

forest fire
On April 11, He posted about a very serious and dangerous topic, forest fires. He did a great job explaining what a forest fire is, reasons they are caused, and how they can be prevented.

Here is the actual comment I left him.
Hey there!!
I think this is a great topic to discuss. Forest fires are very dangerous and cause many problems to nature. You did a great job explaining what a forest fire is and the ways which they are caused. As soon as I read this post I remembered that a few years back my family and I were on our way home from a our beach house in Orange Beach, AL and we saw a forest fire in action at the local park. That was the first and only forest fire I have seen to this day. Have you ever actually seen one?
Great picture!!

During the three week blog post challenge my student, 18mcse always commented me back on every post I commented to him. That meant something to me and I have to say that I really enjoyed keeping up with him during the past three weeks.

Now that the three week blog post challenge is over, I was assigned to one last child named Shelly. Shelly is a first grade student in Ms. Cassidy's class. The post that Shelly left was a video of herself explaining the movie she saw called, The Camp. This was Shelly's very first video to ever post and she was really excited about it.
Here is the link to the blogger where you can watch Shelly's video. Little Voices, Little Scholars

Here is the actual comment I left Shelly.
Hi Shelly!
My name is Amanda Warner, and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama, located in Mobile, Alabama. I really enjoyed watching your first video ever, you did such a great job! You seemed to really enjoy seeing the camp. I think it is absolutely wonderful to see a student so young use technology like this. I never used technology much until I enrolled into Dr. Strange's class, and now I love it! I did my very first video just a few weeks ago as an assignment. Good luck with your future and always remember learning is fun and important! :)

-Amanda Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment