Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post #13

Engage in an E-Media Fast 


For this assignment I will be reflecting on how I did with engaging in an e-media fasting process, meaning absolutely no use of any form of technology for 24 hours. I will be honest and say that this was a very difficult task that I was unable to accomplish. Though, I could go without watching the television any day, but it's just so hard for me to not use my iPhone and my Mac computer on a daily basis. E-media fasting is definitely not for me! I decided to wait until the weekend to start my e-media fasting since I'm a full-time student taking a few hybrid classes, which means I'm required to use the internet. I started my e-media fasting Friday night and planned to continue until Sunday morning (today). I was able to stay away from the television and my mac computer for a full 24 hours, but unfortunately I couldn't stay away from my iPhone. I do not have a landline at my house so the only way for me to communicate is to use my iPhone. I literally use my iPhone for so many different things: of course phone calls and texting, the internet, e-mailing, games, an alarm clock, etc. I'm the type of person that has my iPhone with me (mostly directly in my hand) at all times. I'd be so lost without my iPhone!! Technology is so important and very helpful in my everyday life.
As teachers we have to find ways to keep our students engaged in the classroom at all times. I personally think that technology is a wonderful way to excel education for students. So, let's talk about technology being in my future classroom and how my students will be engaged with different forms of technology. I know that I talked about my iPhone and how it's my main form of technology used, but it's not a useful tool for learning in the classroom. Schools do not allow students to have their cell phones in use during school hours. Though there is plenty other devices to use; such as computers, iPads, SMARTBoard's, and others which students may use to be interactive while learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment